BITS Pilani has grown steadily in last fifty years and is now a multi-campus university with over 11000 on-campus and over 21,000 off-campus students. Over the last 5 years, BITS Pilani has undertaken a spectrum of initiatives to drive excellence in both academic and non-academic areas. These initiatives are being carried out by a number of teams / individuals at various departments, divisions and units across campuses.
Though these initiatives are yielding benefits, a need is felt to have a structured mechanism at university level to quantify these benefits. Unless we have correct, periodical, up-to-date data, we would find it difficult to measure and assess the benefits from any of these initiatives.
Addressing the need to have timely, accurate and efficient data storage and access, the Institutional Knowledge and Analysis (IKA) Cell is being established under the leadership of Director, Special Projects. Key objectives of the IKA Cell would be as follows:
- Collect institutional data for various metrics identified as a part of University Dashboard
- Produce periodic research data analysis for the senior leadership for evidence based decision-making
- Fulfil mandatory reporting requirements of regulatory agencies
- Facilitate initiatives such as benchmarking, rankings, accreditation, etc.
The availability of correct data at all times will further enable evidence-based decision making while implementing various institutional development plans. The IKA Cell would work and interface with the following:
At BITS Pilani
- University Leadership: VC, Directors of all the campuses, CFO and Deputy Directors
- Board of Governors and General Body
- Leadership in the Divisions/Units (ARD, Admissions, ARCD, ARPD, ID, PSD, SWD, FAD, SRD, WILPD, CAHU), all Department heads.
- Others, on a need based request
Outside BITS Pilani
- Government Agencies like UGC, NAAC, NBA etc.
- National and International ranking agencies such as QS, Times Higher Education, India Today, Outlook etc.
- Stake holders – students & their parents, alumni, employers, faculty & researchers etc
- Public at Large.