1. CSIR-funded projects have recently been received by Dr. Anjan Chattopadhyay and Dr. Ranjan Dey.
2. Dr. N.N. Ghosh has successfully completed his six month of sabbatical leave at Drexel University USA.
3. Department has been approved for funding under the FIST program of DST.
4. Dr. Sunil Bhand was invited to Linkoeping University, Sweden as faculty opponent for Ph.D. Thesis in nanosensors during August 2011.
5. The department is honoured to lead a multi-institutional consortium project as consortium project leader from ICAR under National Agricultural Innovation project with toal funding of the project Rs. 750 lakh. (Dr Sunil Bhand, Consortium PI from BITS Pilani) with partner institutes NDRI Karnal, IIT Delhi and Punjabi Univeristy Patiala.