I serve as Faculty In Charge of BITS Alumni Affairs Division (Goa campus) and Nucleus Member of the Student Welfare Division.
Professional recognition, awards, fellowships received
1. Qualified UGC-CSIR NET for lecturership and research fellowship
2. Junior Research Fellowship:Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India. 1996-1998
3. Senior Research Fellowship: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India. 1998-2001
4. Postdoctoral Fellowship: Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Government of India. 2003-2005
Keeping update with the trends
- Completed a course on “Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology in the Internet Age” conducted by Indian Law Institute (01,04.2011 to 30.06.2011) and passed the examinations with grade `A+’.
1. Life Member, Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (India)
2. Life Member, Indian Society for Developmental Biologists (ISDB) 3. Life member, united writers Association
I have been coordinator of MATRIX, a forum consisting of faculty and students, for exchange of ideas through various media primarily books, movies, music, dance and art. MATRIX was initiated with the primary intent of encouraging the reading habit among, students and faculty.
I’ve been involved in the coordinating an informal reading course for students that serves to guide erring youngsters onto the right path, not by punishment, but by guidance through the examples of the lives of exemplary individuals like Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda, with their biographies or texts concerning their lives as the course material.
I also participate in and help conduct debates, elocutions, panel discussions and other student activities like APOGEE and QUARK projects.
I am passionate about teaching and therefore have been working on developing novel teaching methods, teaching and active use of soft skills in teaching.
I am also keenly interested in counseling, particularly career counseling and helping fresh students to settle into their new environment.
My extra-curricular interests include counseling, creative writing, scientific journalism, public speaking, gardening and letter writing.
I love animals and I try to keep the canine community on campus safe (for them and for the humans), healthy and clean.
I am very conscious of the need to keep our environment clean and green and participate in activities directed towards this end.