"To inspire BITSians to play a prominent role in leading diverse entrepreneurial activities in the Country and make a significant contribution in global entrepreneurial innovation"
To promote entrepreneurial thinking among the BITSian community and create business leaders in all spheres of life
- “Sow the seeds” of entrepreneurial leadership across all disciplines
- Facilitate entrepreneurial activity on campus
- Bridge the gap between industry and the academic curriculum
- Build a high-quality ecosystem on campus to support resource-strapped startup ventures
- Channel innovation and creativity of students towards productive outcomes
- Facilitate commercialization of R&D efforts at BITS
- Inculcate the value of Social Responsibility in every BITSian
The idea for CEL was seeded by the BITSAA Center for Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital (CEVC), with the vision of promoting the spirit of entrepreneurial thinking among the BITSian community . The students and the Institute shared this vision and came together in record time to set up the center. The concerted efforts of the students,alumni and faculty resulted in the Centre (set up within a short span of 6 months) being named as one of the top 5 centres of Entrepreneurship among Indian Universities .