Research is an integral component in an institute of higher learning. It is well known that research is important to bring latest knowledge into the class room. The system of education at BITS provides for a large number of students at all levels of the educational programmes to get involved in research that exploits the multidisciplinary educational base emerging out of the broad-based integrated education in engineering, science and humanities. Strong emphasis is laid on interdisciplinary, mission-oriented and relevant research. BITS provides avenues for all faculty members to participate in research. The Mission of the university is to foster creativity among students by engaging them in active research projects. The Research and Consultancy Division assists and coordinates
1. Faculty members to obtain funding from national and international agencies by submitting research projects.
2. Promote collaborative research activities with industries.
3. Encourage participation of faculty in national and international conferences and forums and of repute; publication of research papers, monographs, etc.
4. Support new and innovative areas of relevant research leading to product or process development.
5. Promote establishment of industry sponsored research centers at BPHC.
6. Identify areas and create an environment for consultancy services to be taken up by different academic groups.
The Practice School, an important component of all degree programs of BITS, provides an opportunity to identify research problems relevant to industrial needs. The participation of students and the faculty members in research ensures a team effort towards problem solving activities.
The RCD nucleus members provide a broad range of services and resources, including assistance in finding funding opportunities, providing examples of successful proposals, grant writing and coordination for the development of large research proposals, assisting faculty in making cross-campus connections, communicating with officials at funding agencies, coordinating internal and seed grant awards, and coordinating research components of the higher degree programs (ME and Ph. D) offered by all disciplines. BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus provides regular students and working professionals an excellent opportunity to pursue their higher studies under the M.E, M. Pharm and Ph. D degree programs and also BITS offers attractive scholarships/partial tuition fee waiver schemes for deserving students. Research opportunity available to all students enrolled in Higher Degree programs at BPHC is under several identified thrust areas (see Table below) across disciplines institute-wide.